Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Art Fair and America's Largest Home

I spent the day yesterday with my husband in Asheville, NC.
It is about 30 miles from where I live. We went to an Art Fair that was held in a historic district called Biltmore Village. Biltmore Village is located right outside the entrance to Biltmore House(America's Largest Home), and is where some of the workers used to live. Sweet tiny cottages have been converted to specialty shops and restaurants. After spending time strolling through the Art Fair. We drove to Biltmore House and had wonderful summer lunch at the Winery on the Biltmore Estates. Then we went walked through the beautiful gardens in Biltmore.

Every summer Biltmore House has a summer concert series,
and last night Chicago was scheduled to play. We tried to get tickets weeks ago, but alas, they were sold out. Luckily, as we wandered through the gardens at Biltmore, we were able to hear Chicago warming up!

Well grab a cup of coffee or tea and take your time browsing through these pretty pictures.

Some of the gardens at Biltmore House...

This was just stunning!

Biltmore House looks like a French Chateau and these acres
of sunflowers make you feel you are in France!

Stunning roses from the rose garden at Biltmore

The Art Fair - 128 Booths from 18 states!

I have to admit, after seeing really fine art, this shabby
birdhouse booth was my favorite! Love the colors!

Pretty flowers at the Biltmore Winery Entrance.

The Biltmore House. If you ever have a chance you need to
tour it. We are year round members and go about once a
month.

The greenhouse or conservatory at Biltmore House.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and want to tell you that your work is beautiful! You live in a truly beautiful setting.

~elaine~ from SoCal

Penny Carlson said...

Thank You Elaine! Please visit often. I post almost daily...
Penny

Natasha Burns said...

Penny I love your photos, they are amazing! Saw the huge home pics on flickr, wow! I'm with you on the birdhouse stall, it is just gorgeous!!!

Counting Your Blessings said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I would love to visit there sometime. The Lowe's commercials just aren't enough =) It sounds like it was a lovely day! Blessings... Polly

Kathleen Grace said...

Thanks for sharing a fun time and the pictures of Bilmore. My husband and I are going to a art fair/Folk music festival this weekend. I love that sort of thing and always find a lot of creative inspiration there :>)

My Pink Boutique said...

I can see why you all go once a month. Everything is so beautiful!

:)
Kimberly

linda Smith said...

WOW... I would love to see the Bilmore... it looks so ...just amazing.
I love those little birdhouses..I have to admit I do not love to mosaic my birdhouses anymore...maybe I just need some great paint and cute trim....very shabby cute..
Linda

Katie Richards said...

Hi neighbor! I saw your blog on another site I visit frequently and thought I would say "HI!" from Hendersonville! (I LOVE those teapot chandeliers, by the way!)